Pageviews from the past week

Thursday 12 January 2012

Career Class @ CSS


`What have I just gotten myself into` was the question I asked myself not 2 minutes after saying Ì`ld love too` when Abi Arnold asked me if I would consider speaking to her Careers Class. I mean I love photography and talk about it all the time (according to my hubby) but seriously to talk to a bunch of 17 year olds...who may or may not be even interested in my profession....UGH! So I prepared a powerpoint presentation packed my camera bag and headed off Cayuga Secondary School...





As I waited for Abi and Katrina in the lobby I was drawn to all the inspirational sayings surrounding me...




While I was taking photo`s of random things I was approached by a teacher inquiring why I was there (whoops should have announced myself at the office) Once I explained he then informed me that I was not to take any pictures of the kids in the school....now I was intending on shooting a few in the classroom so that I could put together this blog and that put a bit of a damper on my plans but I can handle glitch`s :).......


Abi (pictured above with her mom`s permission) and Katrina (as long as their faces are obscured or not visible I`m ok) met me in the lobby we headed up to the classroom to set up and get the show on the road. Once I met their teacher Mrs Hoecht and she explained how the presentation would go I was ready....while Abi set up the equipment I took that time to take a few pictures of the class...








 then it was all said and done....I enjoyed my time with the class who where all attentive and polite PLUS I received t a Timmies card as a thank you from the class...WOO HOO....love my Timmies...I want to thank Abi & Katrina for having me at their class and Mrs Hoecht for allowing me to come.....

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Lyn! So let's see the powerpoint!

    ReplyDelete